Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup in a Crockpot

Last Sunday morning I had the idea to put some soup in the crockpot so that we could have lunch when we got home from church. I had been wanting to use the Bob's vegi soup mix that I bought about a month ago. Here's what I came up with:

1 pound turkey sausage, sliced (optional)
1 cup veggie soup mix
4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
1/2 white onion, diced
1/2-1 cup extra veggies such as potatoes, celery, carrots, chopped
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp Dried oregano
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/2 tsp Dried thyme
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and give it a little stir. Cook on high for 4 hours (while you're at church). :) 

Remove the bay leaf so no one gets it in their stew. 


The family LOVED this stew! I will definitely make it again... maybe with chicken next time for something different. I hope you enjoy it too!

Have you ever used Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix? Please share a recipe if you have. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! This is exactly what I was looking for!!! God blessing you and yours! I will post the outcome picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete