Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Veggie-full Meatloaf

Hey, y'all! Let's talk about meatloaf. It's one of those things you either love or hate. I'm somewhere in-between. But my husband loves it! And let's be honest, meatloaf is not pretty... it just looks gross! I probably make it only three or four times a year, mainly because I always feel like it's not very nutritious. I usually serve it with a green vegetable and something southern like mac n' cheese or mashed potatoes, but it just seems lacking. So, last time I made it, I decided to try mixing in some nutrition. Here's what I came up with:

I roughly chopped 2 carrots and 1/2 of a white onion, then put them in the food processor along with a generous handful or two of baby spinach. I pulsed until the carrots and onions were finely diced, but not mush. 


Then I just followed my usual recipe, stirring in the diced veggies. 

As a bonus, I sprinkled on a little shredded Gouda that needed to be used up. 

And it was a success!!! My kids never noticed a difference, and believe it or not, neither did Ben!


Let me know if you try this recipe. Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment