Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Favorites (2/28)

Hey, y'all! I hope your week has been great.

I've been thinking a lot on my spiritual gift of mercy, and how I can use it better. I'm praying that God will give me opportunities to use it. 

Our week has been a little different than usual. Ben has been out of town for work. He travels on and off, but has not had to for some time now. I could tell that the kids really missed Daddy-time in the evenings. When Ben is gone I don't cook as much. I made quiche Monday night before he left; so the kids and I had the leftovers for dinner on Tuesday. I made a super-simple dinner for the kids on Wednesday, which was whole wheat cheese tortellini with "red sauce," as they call marinara, and then whole wheat waffles with chocolate peanut butter and sliced bananas for dessert. We popped popcorn later in the evening and watched the first 20 minutes or so of one of our favorite movies, Horton Hears a Who. It was a sweet time because the kids were pretty relaxed (for them). I planned to cook dinner on Thursday night because that's when Ben was supposed to come home-but he didn't. I cooked anyway. I made a Rachael Ray shrimp scampi with whole wheat pasta. It was good. Enough about our meals, though. This is supposed to be a favorites post. :)

Favorite Moment: (3-way tie)
Laying on a blanket in the front yard in 70 degree weather on Sunday
  
Eating popcorn and watching Horton with the kids
Ben coming home late Thursday night. (He was in New Haven, CT all week.)

Favorite God-Moment:
BSF lecture on Matthew 19 & 20
Sunday's sermon on sharing our faith with our community.
Did you notice the "note " I wrote to Ben on the top left?

Favorite Meal:
Brittany's black bean burgers and Melissa's sweet potato fries with a side of salsa and avocado. 
Yes, this meal is in a Gladware container. Don't judge- this was the leftovers version and Ben was gone-I had no one to impress. ;)

Favorite Buy:
Racking-up on Bob's Red Mill products at Big Lots again! 

Favorite Treat:
If you like Girl Scout Thin Mints, you'll LOVE these: Snyder York Peppermint Pretzel  Sandwiches. And I found them at Big Lots for $2.50! I haven't seen them in the grocery store for a while, but last time I did I'm pretty sure they were $5.99. 

I'll catch up on blog reading this weekend, hopefully. Maybe I'll do a favorite blog reads on Monday.

We have a busy weekend ahead! It's gonna be a great one, and I hope yours is too! 

Can you believe it's almost March already?!
What has been your favorite thing in February? Mine is all the warm sunny days we've had lately, and catching up on Downton Abbey.



No comments:

Post a Comment